7 more sleeps.
My bags aren't packed and I'm not ready to go (well not my bags anyway). It is very difficult to focus on the mundane tasks of home and work when your mind is dwelling on the preparations and getting ready. I printed off the size and number of bags permitted on international travel for our airline. How is a girl supposed to be prepared for every possible eventuality over the next three weeks if she is only allowed two bags of 62 linear inches, even if her husband says he doesn't need two of his own and she could use one of his luggage allowances? That is expecting just a little much is it not! or should I said "expecting not enough"!
Let's see I need hipwaders for the flooded areas, snorkelling equipment for the flooded areas and for entertainment, a regular camera and underwater camera, a spare camera (if you have read my previous travel blogs you will fully understand this requirement), casual clothes, beach clothes, dressy clothes in case Jack gets a sudden urge to take me to a famous opera house, and then shoes, beach shoes, hiking shoes, sightseeing shoes, dressy shoes, .......and I am sure I have not listed them all. I need glasses, sunglasses, a hat, protection from the scorching sun, protection from the possibility of rain ( I hear you can't trust the weather in Australia. Previously unrecorded amounts of water could fall from the sky and cause flooding you know.) and protection from bugs, snakes, crocs, wildlife and all sorts of potential dangers. I am not sure how large a can of crocodile pesticide I will need. Funny thing, I thought crocs were something to wear in the garden to protect my feet.
As much as I would love to stay and converse, it is now wa-a-a-a-ay past my bedtime so I will say goodnight and hope to get some more preparations completed tomorrow after work.
Goodnight and sweet dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment