We started the day by picking up a few supplies at the farmer's market. Today would prove to be a scorcher if the fact it was close to 30 degrees at 8 a.m. is any indicator.
Back at the house I had to choose between getting my blog caught up or squeezing in a last half hour visit with our hosts. That was an easy decision. A refreshing glass of ginger water and some hearty discussion was a very good pick. I would have liked a little more timw ith Paul and Ailsa, but it was time to Getz on our way.
....so off we went....
Our limo was waiting for us and as we drove away Paul and Ailsa waved us off and watched as we disappeared down the road. I'm not sure if they were watching to see if Jack would remember to pull out on the left side of the road, or if they were wanting to share the moment as we left for our next adventure. I prefer to think it w
as the latter of the two, but either way, we left feeling cared for and with mixed feelings of wishing we could stay a little longer and wanting to get back to see Jess, Judd and family.
Jack took to driving on the left side of the road like he took to boomerang throwing, navigating his way through town and onto the main highway like he had always driven on the left. His only frustration was that every time he went to turn on the signal light the windshield wiper would come on.


Byron Bay is a piece of heaven on earth. First we stopped at a little secluded public beach outside of town. Then we went into town for lunch at the Hog's Breathe Cafe.
Lorie, at this point, several people asked from where I had gotten the little motorized spritzer fan. I could have financed our entire trip if I had brought over a suitcase full of them to sell - but there was no way I was going to part with the one and only one I had with me, as it was proving to be a real lifeline at this point.
We played in the surf for an hour, enjoying the sparkling clear waters, the rolling waves and the fabulous sand, reaffirming once again the sense that life is good, really good.
Regrettably we had to continue on our journey. But regret was short lived as we were soon admiring the exquisite scenery. This is truly a beautiful country.
It was ineresting to see roadsigns warning of koalas and kangaroos which may be crossing the road.
We stopped at Coff's Harbour soem time after dark, making a brief visit to Woolworth's for some groceries and liquid refreshments.
Good night and sweet dreams.
Back at the house I had to choose between getting my blog caught up or squeezing in a last half hour visit with our hosts. That was an easy decision. A refreshing glass of ginger water and some hearty discussion was a very good pick. I would have liked a little more timw ith Paul and Ailsa, but it was time to Getz on our way.
....so off we went....
Our limo was waiting for us and as we drove away Paul and Ailsa waved us off and watched as we disappeared down the road. I'm not sure if they were watching to see if Jack would remember to pull out on the left side of the road, or if they were wanting to share the moment as we left for our next adventure. I prefer to think it w
Jack took to driving on the left side of the road like he took to boomerang throwing, navigating his way through town and onto the main highway like he had always driven on the left. His only frustration was that every time he went to turn on the signal light the windshield wiper would come on.
Byron Bay is a piece of heaven on earth. First we stopped at a little secluded public beach outside of town. Then we went into town for lunch at the Hog's Breathe Cafe.
Lorie, at this point, several people asked from where I had gotten the little motorized spritzer fan. I could have financed our entire trip if I had brought over a suitcase full of them to sell - but there was no way I was going to part with the one and only one I had with me, as it was proving to be a real lifeline at this point.
We played in the surf for an hour, enjoying the sparkling clear waters, the rolling waves and the fabulous sand, reaffirming once again the sense that life is good, really good.
Regrettably we had to continue on our journey. But regret was short lived as we were soon admiring the exquisite scenery. This is truly a beautiful country.
It was ineresting to see roadsigns warning of koalas and kangaroos which may be crossing the road.
We stopped at Coff's Harbour soem time after dark, making a brief visit to Woolworth's for some groceries and liquid refreshments.
Good night and sweet dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment