We were picked up at the hotel at 9:05 and taken to the docks where we boarded the boat which would take us to the reef. On route to the docks I realized I had forgotten both my sunglasses and my hat, which I had specifically purchased for the "sun lover's" reef tour, because we all know just how much time I spend in the sun. Thank goodness I did not forget my sunscreen.
We stopped at a quaint little island haven to drop people off the mainland and to pick up a few who wanted to see the reef. This island looked very rustic and inviting, like something right out of the movies.
We arrived at the reef just after 12 noon. The journey out into the ocean was used to instruct us on the proper use of the snorkeling equipment and the scuba equipment.
Jack went scuba diving for the first time. He was ready to do it again immediately, and although he wanted to do the rainforest tour we have booked for tomorrow - which they found by the way - he would have been just as happy to come back for another swim with the fish.
The reef really is GREAT!
I went on a guided snorkeling tour. It sure was worth the money as the guide is a marine biologist and was able to explain so much of what we were seeing that it added to the experience tremendously.
The only disappointment was for Jack as he was expecting a seafood lunch. I was not at all disappointed except on his behalf.
We stopped at a quaint little island haven to drop people off the mainland and to pick up a few who wanted to see the reef. This island looked very rustic and inviting, like something right out of the movies.
We arrived at the reef just after 12 noon. The journey out into the ocean was used to instruct us on the proper use of the snorkeling equipment and the scuba equipment.
Jack went scuba diving for the first time. He was ready to do it again immediately, and although he wanted to do the rainforest tour we have booked for tomorrow - which they found by the way - he would have been just as happy to come back for another swim with the fish.The reef really is GREAT!
I went on a guided snorkeling tour. It sure was worth the money as the guide is a marine biologist and was able to explain so much of what we were seeing that it added to the experience tremendously.
The only disappointment was for Jack as he was expecting a seafood lunch. I was not at all disappointed except on his behalf.
Hey~Dear Rose,I'm coming!~Do you remember me ? I'm Apple,the girl from China and hurted by the corals.It was nice to meet that day. Because of some net problems,I can't visit blogspot.But now with the help of some software,I get it.What you've written is so good! I haven't read all, but I was so regret when I saw your pictures of gallery of modern art. I just couldn't find it.
ReplyDeleteI will read them all when I free.
Have a good time with sceneries and your family.